Wednesday, November 12, 2008

paestum.

Temple of Hera

Somewhere amid the election chaos, I forgot to post about Paestum. And my apologizes to color enthusiasts in regards to my blog as of late... And because I'm procrastinating, I found some modern Greek poetry that may or may not have anything to do with the above photo. And reminds me of Faucault (doooork).

The Veil

A man locked in a labyrinth never looks for the truth
but only for his Ariadne.
Truth is not unveiling which destroys the secret;
it is the revelation which does it justice.
Our experience remains the captive of a knowledge
which is no longer our experience;
our knowledge is embarrassed by an experience
which has not yet become knowledge.
We must weave new intellectual patterns,
searching for the potential spaces of a "truth"
that would be neither true nor false;
for a "truth" that would be
implausible
improbable
incredible
thereby making error (pathos)
the thread of life.

Haris Vlavianos, POETRY Greece, January 2000

No comments: