Sunday, November 23, 2008

fellowship.

It's time now to crack down on my fellowship work. I would love it if you visited my (constantly updating) flickr page to see the work in progress. In essence, I'm attempting to photo document early christian churches. I'm not sure if I'll be able to investigate this thoroughly as I'm not sure if there is enough evidence, but I'm really interested in the development of early christian churches - surely there wasn't a set church "template" from the beginning, just as there wasn't a set dogma from the beginning. We'll see. Comment and let me know what you think thus far! I'll be continuing to add to it as I continue to find early christian gems to photograph...

ps: and I apologize, they're kind of boring - sorry!

2 comments:

canaryturd said...

No, definitely no "template" to early Christian churches. But definitely some taking old symbols of political power (basilicas in particular) and using them for the new seat of power...Not too different than how we use the same symbols to establish the power of our governments (L.A. or San Francisco's city halls are perfect examples of this) or how Akhenaten used the symbols of a pan-theistic Egypt in an attempt to turn the masses to monotheism.

Also, nice photos! where are you studying?

Merith said...

wow - I just noticed your comment, 5 months too late. Thanks though!

I'm studying architecture, though will likely diverge from the straight and narrow path taught within architecture programs.